Outline of the programme:
Competency mapping is the process of identification of the competencies required to perform successfully a given job or role or a set of tasks at a given point of time. Competencies include the collection of success factors necessary for achieving important results in a specific job or work role in a particular organization.
Success factors are combinations of knowledge, skills, and attributes that are described in terms of specific behaviors, and are demonstrated by superior performers in those jobs or work roles.Attributes include: personal characteristics, traits, motives, values or ways of thinking that impact an individual’s behavior. Competency must lead to effective performance.
1.The objective of this one day workshop is to
- Create awareness on this latest and powerful H R tool.
- Build the skills, participants would require to do competency mapping independently.
- Train the participants to streamline the training process in their organization by equipping them to identify the right set of competencies to be developed for their employees to perform at their best.
- Help the participants to understand the current Performance Management System of their organization and to make it more effective by measuring current performance against clearly defined competency levels for each position and to recommend appropriate Developmental interventions.
2.Scope & Coverage:
- Module 1
- Introduction to Competency.
- Competency Iceberg Model.
- Classification of Competencies
- Performance Aspects
- Preparation of Competency Dictionary
- Module 2
- Develop a Competency Map.
- Steps in Competency Mapping.
- Measurement of Competency
- Deriving Required Competency Proficiency Level
- Using BARS for Competency Maps
- Performance and Competence Management as a Concept
- Competency based H R Management.
- Advantages of Competency Mapping.
Above Content may vary depends on participants level, need and expectations.
Heads of Department, Managers, Executives, H R Consultants & Trainers from all functional areas.