In the age of growing crime rate, both men and women are at threat from bad elements in the society. Protecting the priceless lives from physical threats takes precedence over anything else when the need arises. It is during these scenarios, that the art of self defense comes into our aid. Self-defense is the art of protecting self when by using physical force. So, knowing the art is not only advantageous to protect self but also others in need. It keeps you prepared to expect and the unexpected and helps you face your adversary with confidence.
Advantages of learning self defense:
- Always keeps you focussed and alert.
- The training helps you lead an active life.
- It builds confidence in self and drives out the fear built inside you.
- Helps you gain more physical power.
- Practising regularly, helps you lead a disciplined life. This can be implied in other aspects of life as well.
- It reduces the risks of physical injury if you know how to effectively defend from your attacker.
- And most important of all, by learning self-defense, you can protect yourself and your family.
There are numerous instances where the perpetrators were caught by the common public than the people in uniform, plainly for a reason that the victim was able to think quickly on their feet owing to their training. Self-defense is not knowing how to attack your adversary, but it is to know how exactly to defend yourself. So remember the below points and exercise caution while using self-defense.
- Flight should be the first response than fight when you are outnumbered.
- In a fight like scenarios, it always helps to remember the vulnerable areas to target: Eyes, Nose, Throat, Solar Plexus, Groin and Knees.
- Have emergency contacts handy.
- Try to take well-lit public routes home, especially after dark. If you feel you are in danger, get into nearest shops or public places where it is easy to reach out for help.
- Have self-defense tools like pepper-spray, electric Tasers handy.
- Anything like key chains to umbrellas can be converted into self-defense tools if one can use their presence of mind.
The most important thing to remember in case of a dangerous situation is not to panic, but to stay calm and think of the best way out scenario.